[time-nuts] Z3816a

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Jun 6 03:39:16 UTC 2010

Hi

The 1938 and 10811 share the same basic crystal. The difference between a "very good" and a "acceptable" crystal can be an order of magnitude or more on ADEV at tau >= 1 second. In a very stable environment the rare 10811 with the 5x10^-13 at 1 second crystal will beat most of the production 10811's or 1938's. It's sort of luck of the draw in that respect.

Bob