[time-nuts] DCF77 clock with UTC display 5

Giuseppe Marullo giuseppe at marullo.it
Sun Jun 6 14:22:44 UTC 2010

 >If it is, why not purchase an *analog* DCF77 synchronized clock, set
it to local radio time and then just move the hands on the spindle to
reflect UTC? That's what I did with my WWV clocks that only handle the
US time zones. >Worked just fine.
Well, I could just buy a 3 USD LCD digital clock, set it to UTC and
periodically realign for time drift, no worry about winter/summer time
switch. How do you "handle" summer/winter time?

Either case, we could be hung, drawn and qartered for these tricks,
wrong maling list.

I would probably have used a stamp2 with a DCF77 module, but I don't
know how reliable could be the stamp2 as clock when the dcf77 signal is
not present.

Probably I will need to resort to some special IC from Maxim/Dallas that
would keep track of time, and the stamp2 should be used  to adjust the time.

Nice as a project, but I would rather prefer a ready made unit, after
all I would just log correctly my QSOs.

Giuseppe Marullo

I will have to ask in the ham radio world...