[time-nuts] Fluke Thunderbolt Monitor Revisited

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Fri Jun 11 17:35:25 UTC 2010

Following Steve Wiseman's generous offer I now have some SMD diodes  and h
ave modified my dismantled monitor.

I haven't got a T'bolt running at the moment but the modified monitor boots
 up ok and then flashes "No Message" as I would expect.

After adding all three series diodes I measured 5.04 volts out of the
regulator and 3.18 volts at pin 6 of the CPU, all nicely within spec.
Supply current at 47mA was the same as I'd measured before  modification.

One tip for anybody taking these apart.....
the jointing pins are quite a close fit in the CPU board but on the display
 board there's more clearance and the through hole plating looks to be more
 robust, so probably less risky to unsolder that end first and then  remove
the pins individually from the CPU board.

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR