[time-nuts] Advantages & Disadvantages of the TPLL Method

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Tue Jun 15 21:43:14 UTC 2010

Magnus,

The PLL gain cannot reduce the effect of injection locking. The injection lock affects the oscillator directly (in series with the PLL in a sense, rather than in parallel), so the PLL cannot compensate (or desensitize) the effect of injection locking because it operates after the fact. It's too late if you will.

If injection lock makes the two oscillators operate in phase, the PLL has nothing to do, regardless of gain. If the phase difference is zero because they are locked, the gain does not matter.

Didier