[time-nuts] how sad ): - LPRO101

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Jun 17 16:05:59 UTC 2010

Hi

The unit will run fine in just about any orientation.

It does need a reasonable heat sink to survive for long regardless of
orientation. A vertical ~ 1/4" thick 8" x 10" aluminum plate will do an
adequate job. No fans needed in a normal lab environment.

Since the issue is long term reliability there is a tradeoff between life of
the unit and heat sinking. The LPRO will perform quite well at temperatures
that will likely kill it in less than a year. Putting a $200 heat sink on a
$50 Rb likely is not the most cost effective approach.

Bob