[time-nuts] crystal oscillators & TPLL

WarrenS warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 19:50:43 UTC 2010

Poul-Henning posted
>Yes, you probably did.  (Think it was obvious)

TRUE, it is obvious to me, but then I've had the advantage of being able to
test the TPLL to find the answers to things that I did not understand at
first.

So is there some part that is not obvious to you?
Maybe someone from the group can help you with that part.
is it:

1) that the definition of ADEV that starts with the the intigral freq
differences taken over a period of time called tau?
or
2) that Analog filters do not have dead time and includle all data with no
dead time
or
3) a simple PLL can be repersented by nothing more than a first order RC
over a very wide range
or
4) that RC's do not have delay, they have Time consrtants,
or
5) what the difference between between a RCs and delay is
or
6) that the purpose of doing zero deadtime period measurments is to try and
duplicate the best they can of  intigrated Freq over tau
or
7) how the simple TPLL works
or
8) or how close the TPLL clones the ref osc to the DUT
or
9) why the Ref Osc's EFC is an analog signal of its Frequence
or
10) what the limits of accurcacy is of the reference osc's EFC
or
11) how to intigrate by oversampling
or
12) why no other Software is needed to process the Raw data of the TPLL
or
13) or why this group is called freq and time nuts
or
14) the best way to stop this thread
or
15) how to skip over anything with a TPLL in the subject
or
16) other TBD
or
16) why someone on this site resents be referred to as one of the "NUTs"
OK I'll admit, I don't understand that one myself, but I'm OK on the rest of
the above obvious things.

ws

******************

[time-nuts] crystal oscillators & TPLL
Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Jun 22 18:55:00 UTC 2010

In message <0C4F750835264E13AB61D4B8C8448B68 at Warcon28Gz>, "WarrenS"
writes:

>> you have a very tough row to hoe when it comes to proving
>> that your frequency samples represent the same signal as a sequence
>> of zero deadtime period measurements would do.
>
>Sorry, I though that was obvious.

Yes, you probably did.

Poul-Henning