[time-nuts] Datum TS-2100 firmware updating

Julien Goodwin time-nuts at studio442.com.au
Mon Jun 28 11:36:51 UTC 2010

As a first post I thought I'd share a success story.

After a lot of flailing about the magic combination to upgrade a TS-2100
from old/ROM firmware appears to be to ensure the line endings on the
file match that of the TFTP host. While it is twitchy about ethernet as
long as there's no contention it's probably fine.

Serial updates I just couldn't make work.

Up next is to convert the darn thing to Rubidium, like it was meant to
be when I purchased it (insert rant here).

Other toys are a TrueTime XL-DC and Trimble Palisade, along with a
TrueTime IRIG-B display.

Thanks,
Julien