[time-nuts] Best OCXOs, phasenoise wise.

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Mon Jun 28 16:24:16 UTC 2010

Hi

Output frequency matters quite a bit. What is "good phase noise" at 100 MHz isn't going to be very impressive at 10 MHz. Frequency offset also matters. Optimizing for -192 dbc / Hz at 100 KHz offset is a very different thing than trying for -155 dbc / Hz at 10 Hz offset.  You are unlikely to find an OCXO that is "real good" both at 10 Hz and at 100KHz.

All that said, the OCXO in the Thunderbolt isn't all that bad for phase noise. Since TBolts are easy to find, so are the OCXO's.

Bob