[time-nuts] DMTD Mixer Terminations

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Thu Mar 4 03:56:46 UTC 2010

Whilst your corrected measurements for the 10534 and 10514 are now
within about 10% of those found by NIST for one of their mixers, the
discrepancy with Minicircuits estimates for the RPD-1s is somewhat
larger but their phase detector gain specs seem incompatible with their
max output specs.

The noise of their phase detector output preamp is surprisingly high
(maybe this is relatively unimportant as they use the cross power
spectrum technique to measure phase noise?? ), even my crude single
NJFET input stage preamplifier breadboard is about 3dB quieter.

Bruce