[time-nuts] Advice on TRACOR 527E

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 7 21:23:21 UTC 2010

That's nothing, HP, Sorry Agilent, are still selling the 432A power meter. It was first sold in 1969. 41 years and counting! Price has gone from $495 to over $12000. The meter uses a DC bridge balancing technique that allows for direct comparison using high accuracy DC meters. It's therefore used as a transfer standard from NIST's microbolometers to other meters.
Robert G8RPI.