[time-nuts] 5370A vs 5370B

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Wed Mar 10 03:27:36 UTC 2010

Hi

Well I popped the top off of the beast. As far as I can tell, everything is there and there are no big burn marks on any of the boards. Judging from the edges of the cards, they have not been out of their sockets very often.

The alignment procedure in the manual is pretty straightforward for the multiplier and the input level stuff. The part on setting up the interpolators looks a bit crazy. All of it is written in the "first set everything to XXX and then proceed" fashion. I'd much prefer to run through it changing the absolute minimum number of things.

The most fun in the whole thing is when they have just gone through and set up a super counter. Then to set the standard on frequency, they use an oscilloscope and watch the beat note .....

So much fun.

Bob