[time-nuts] 5370A vs 5370B

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Mar 10 18:46:36 UTC 2010

Bob Camp wrote:

> Hi
>
> Fanless Atom motherboard / solid state disk / wall wart power supply ... DVD
> is still the main source of noise.

This was far from that. It is a AMD PHENOM II X4 90SE 2,5GHz CPU with 8
SAMSUNG ECOGREEN F2 1,5TB SATA disks is certainly not tailored in such a
fashion. The Fractal Design chassi has a fair bit to do with noise
reduction.

> Of course the bean grinder in the single cup Cappuccino machine drowns out
> the DVD pretty effectively.

True. I think the computer club will not invest in one for that purpose.

> Looks like a 5370B with an intact front panel and some sort of internal
> issue(s) just showed up at auction. Hmmm.....

Hmm....

Cheers,
Magnus