[time-nuts] HP10811 taxonomy?

Charles P. Steinmetz charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com
Thu Mar 11 04:07:14 UTC 2010

Has anyone compiled a taxonomy of the apparently numerous variants of
10811 OXOs?  (Distinguishing features, rated performance, used in
what instruments, etc.)

Also, I found Mark's observation that 10544s may drift less than
10811s interesting.  I own several 10544As and have experience with
perhaps several dozen others, and think very highly of them, but
haven't seen enough 10811s for a meaningful comparison ("meaningful"
being a relative term, when the sample sizes are as low as
dozens).  What have others observed?

Best regards,

Charles