[time-nuts] Choke Ring Design for L1

WarrenS warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 14 16:20:27 UTC 2010

What I have found is if you have a decent view of the sky or even when
indoors on an upper shelf,
by turning the pie pan lip up, it helps the antenna location placement
sensitivity issue.
I'll leave it to the antenna Experts speculate on why that is.

ws

Hi

That's one of the many things that makes this all a bit tough to work out.
Even without a choke ring, a pie plate, or a ground sheet involved you can
move a cheap GPS timing antenna 5 feet and see a very real change in plots.
Up / down / left / right often the move does not make much sense. I suspect
that if the antenna was 500 feet above all local obstructions that would not
be true. In more typical "home user" settings it certainly can be.

Plotting software has been around for a *long* time......

Bob