[time-nuts] GPSDO PLL Loop Filter Values

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Mon Mar 15 22:30:50 UTC 2010

Hi

Simple answer - adding gain will mess things up noise wise.

More detailed answer - The noise out of the GPS should be higher than the noise out of a reasonable TCXO out into the several seconds range. On a good TCXO it will be higher out into the 10's of seconds. On a very good one, you may get to the 100's of seconds. A lot will also depend on just how well the TCXO is shielded from drafts. Long time constants = low gain.

Bob