[time-nuts] Choke Ring Pictures

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Tue Mar 16 01:04:55 UTC 2010

WarrenS wrote:

> Magnus wrote:
>> "Multipath rejection, antenna selectivity, antenna amplifier gain,
>> antenna noise factor... all weigh in."
>    And Your point is?
> Their effects would all be included in as much as they effect ADEV Osc
> noise and Phase noise.

They would show up on the ADEV and phase-noise curve yes, but you can
actually combat them by better antenna.

>> "Several of us have carrier phase and dual frequency receivers. I lack
>> a good double-frequency antenna, choke-ring with
> sufficient amplifier gain."
> You're not the Average Time nut and sounds like you're saying even you
> aren't using a choke ring with a carrier phase receiver?

For the simple reason that I just didn't find one at a nice price just
yet. While I may not be the average time-nut, I still run that lab on a
fairly small budget. Otherwise there would be more cesiums and H-masers
here for sure.

> Sounds like to keep it simple, still don't not need to test for that yet.

I know that my antennas have severly multipath issues, and my L1/L2
antenna has way to little ompf in the amplifier gain to both cause me
big headaches.

I can't do the drastic changes (pull down the TV-antenna overhead) that
a good sitting would require.

Cheers,
Magnus