[time-nuts] frying pan antenna

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Tue Mar 16 14:02:37 UTC 2010

There is a tremendous amount of signal degradation from
ordinary building materials.  I cannot get a lock at all inside
of my brick, with asphalt shingle house, but I get a quick
lock outside.

The tar paper isn't there as a waterproofing membrane, that
function is handled by the shingles themselves.  The tar paper
is installed by the framers, and provides temporary protection
while the house is waiting on the roofers to apply the shingles.

-Chuck Harris