[time-nuts] HP 5065A rubidium lifetime

randy hunt randy_hunt960 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 21 17:58:41 UTC 2010

Try measuring a known length of the resistance wire, say 6 inches and then double. . .

Randy

Hi

Next step would be to figure out what a reasonable ohms / foot number
is.

Bob

On Mar 21, 2010, at 12:41 AM, Chuck Harris
wrote:

> HP just wound two parallel wires around the cylinder.  They
did not
> twist.  The wires at the entrance end of the solenoid went to
the
> electronics, the wires at the exit end of the solenoid were
shorted
> together... I think they used a crimp for the short.
>

> -Chuck Harris
>
> J. L. Trantham wrote:
>> Do you
make a 'twisted pair' and then wind that or just wind two parallel

wires around the cylinder?
>> Joe

and follow the instructions there.

time-nuts mailing