[time-nuts] Missing GPS satellites

Jeffrey Pawlan jpawlan at pawlan.com
Thu Mar 25 19:25:29 UTC 2010

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010, Magnus Danielson wrote:

> Dear Raj,
> Oh, sorry, needed a few extra. Wanted to recover the rubidiums and put
> some on Ebay.

I gave a lecture about antennas for operation on 1296MHz last week and
mentioned that my vacuum tube power abplifier was damaged by a gassy tube.
I want to replace it with a solid state amp.  One of the engineers present
suggested that I find a GPS satellite on the surplus market and pull the
the power amplifier out of it.

He obviously did not know that satellites , even spares, do not show up on
the surplus market.