[time-nuts] Low-Cost 6+ GHz Prescaler boardforHP/Agilent53181A/53131A/53132A

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Mar 25 21:06:16 UTC 2010

Hi

Every time I've ever done much "amp in front of the counter" stuff, I've
discovered a great way to make a doubler / tripler / quadrupler / random
number generator. There always seems to be some magic combination of
frequency and level that does strange things, often multiple combinations.
They rarely pop up when testing the front end design it's self. They are
amazingly easy to come up with when actually using the device.

Strange how things always seem to work that way.

If you really need to amplify, something like a very high speed ECL gate
biased in it's linear region is a good thing to try. At no extra charge it
would give you a differential signal to route into the divider. You are
already pretty sensitive so it may not help at all.

Bob