[time-nuts] FEI FE-5680A

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Fri Mar 26 05:09:07 UTC 2010

Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> If it's the same magic gift as I got - some of them have a very unusual
> smell. It sort of makes you wonder where this stuff may have been stored.

The magic gift smells of soap.
> If you have one of the "hand converted" ones that puts out 10 MHz you might
> consider an internal inspection. You can figure out if it's modified by the
> location of the SMA. The FEI drawing shows a different location for the SMA
> than the seller uses when he tacks in the output wire after the fact.
I have seen modified variants, but this one looks pristine on the SMA
side. But you are right, I do want to check it out never the less, as
the serial port have been pulled out.

Also, any box of "stuff" is "broken" until one has been inside and
inspected it, which "fixes" the lack of inspection. I am sure it works
nicely. :)

Cheers,
Magnus