[time-nuts] Low cost 6+ GHz Prescaler

Samuel DEMEULEMEESTER sam at canardpc.com
Sat Mar 27 11:57:10 UTC 2010

Some updates.

I finally decided to add some features in order to use the board as a
"generic" prescaler. First, I will include a standard SMA footprint in the
output stage and a way to power the board externally. Then I will change the
original PIC UP for a better one, with more memory, and add a 4-way
selectable ratio feature by onboard solder jumper. The board will be able to
act as a /100, /128, /512, /1000 generic prescaler. I wonder about the needs
for /256 and /500 options. If someone have some interest for those ratios,
let me know. Finally, the PCB size will be approx. 100 x 50 mm. I know it
could be smaller, but I have to do with the counter's mounting holes.

PS : I'm looking for a source for RF chokes (MMIC Power stage) useable from
DC to 8+ GHz.