[time-nuts] Anritsu MH-4100A xtal osc (Pete Lancashire)

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 30 13:09:16 UTC 2010

Dave Baxter wrote:
> This might interest you....
> http://www.members.shaw.ca/swstuff/gpsreference.html
>
> These people can cal' it, they say.
> http://www.raelectrical.com/services/anritsu-2.htm
>
> There are several other hits, including other people who stock used
> items.
>
> Amazing what you find when you google....
>
> My guess is in it's original form, it's a small lab standard,
> calibrateable, and no doubt intended to be powered on 24/7 for
> stability.
>
> Even where absolute accuracy is not needed, a common frequency reference
> for multiple instruments is often desirable, especialy where there are
> sources and measuring instruments used for a common task, so as to
> minimise differences between them.

Oh yeah.. there's always the discussion at work about whether you use
the internal 10 MHz from the counter or the internal 10 MHz from the
signal generator as the "master" for your setup.

The counter typically has better accuracy over the long term, but the
signal generator usually has better close in phase noise.