[time-nuts] OT Question - Surplus Places

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 13:16:52 UTC 2010

Never heard of elis and I have been out here 12 years.
NH had some places and as mentioned a few exist. I used to visit some just
across the ma/nh boarder. But most of what I have seen has been the very
very bottom of the barrel.
Oh for the flea market days when trucks of test equipment showed up at and
was about $25 per unit at the end of the day. Carry away sales.
The stuff was maybe 10 years old. Sure it may or may not have worked. But
the gamble was worth it.
I learned a lot about how to build and engineer equipment from the repair of
that stuff.
And to this day I still remember "The one that got away". The trunk was
already loaded/jammed with goodies. End of the flea market, back of a large
truck was a full voltage cal lab for about $50. Good shape physically.
These were the fluke standards and voltage amplifiers DC and AC the whole
shootin match.
Oh well those were the days. Good memories.