[time-nuts] HP10514B Mixers

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Wed Mar 31 15:04:32 UTC 2010

Would you mind sending it direct to me at _Ewkehren at AOL.com_
(mailto:Ewkehren at AOL.com)  as an attachment?  You know we are in the test phase of a Dual
Mixer and we are also running  tests with the 10514 A and B along with the
SYPD-1. The next board will accept  the footprint of the 10514 B.   Bert

In a message dated 3/31/2010 9:37:55 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
kilodelta4foxmike at gmail.com writes:

The  manual is about a megabyte - the list will not accept  it.

EWKehren at aol.com wrote:
> Is there a way you can post it on  time-nuts?
> Thank you
> Bert Kehren
>

> In a message dated 3/30/2010 9:10:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight  Time,
> kilodelta4foxmike at gmail.com writes:
>
>  We'll  the "A"s are the package with the BNC connector.
>
>  The "B"s are for OEM  equipment, they had 6 pins and a smaller plastic
> black case  ....
>
> Turns out they have some of the  lowest phase noise specs on  record....
>
> I can send the  manual, if you  like...
>
> Brian
>
> Mike Feher  wrote:
>
>> I do not believe that I  am  familiar with the 10514B. I probably have
>>
> about 6
>
>> or so 10514As  with BNC  connectors (most in a metal case and a few in
>>
> epoxy),
>
>> and, I  recall from  about 40 years ago a 10514A that was a small little
>>
> black
>
>>  cube with  leads for mounting on a PC board. Naturally, I had to take
one
>> apart back then as that was the fun part. In the late 60's  I  designed a
>> thick-film phase detector that was used in an  ASW system,  where I
simply
>> matched the hot carrier HP diodes  for a fixed voltage  drop at a given
>> current. We also wound  the toroids, and had an op-amp  on the output.
Wow,