[time-nuts] Z3805 utility, Was: AW: (no subject)

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun May 23 04:03:32 UTC 2010

> Do I need a computer to enable this thing?

I expect you need a computer to tell it to take a survey.  Once that works,
you don't need a computer if you don't change the location.  (It's actually
the antenna location that matters.  You can move the unit around in your lab.)

You probably want to keep an eye on it while the survey is happening.  You
don't need to watch closely, just stick around to see it get started and/or
peek occasionally to see if it is making any progress.  The status page will
show you the satellites.  That's a quick sanity check that your antenna is
good enough.  There is also a progress counter or % or something like that.