[time-nuts] (no subject)

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Tue May 25 00:02:27 UTC 2010

Hi Rex,

On 25 May 2010 08:32, Rex <rexa at sonic.net> wrote:
> Steve,
>
> If the Furuno pdf's , you have, are more than just the sales fluff, I'd
> suggest you upload the files to Didier's web pages
> http://www.ko4bb.com/cgi-bin/manuals.pl?dir=05%29_GPS_Timing
>
> That page has an upload link in the upper-right corner.
>
> I don't think I have ever seen more than just a simple spec sheet on the
> Furuno receiver.

I've uploaded the hardware and protocol specs for the GT8031 which was
the best that could be obtained from Furuno to date. These are fully
detailed and I expect the protocol spec is pretty close if not the
same as for the GT80. So far I have only tried a couple of the simple
commands, not wanting to screw things up in my Z3805A.

Steve

> Steve Rooke wrote:
>>
>> Bob,
>>
>> On 24 May 2010 03:40, Robert Benward <rbenward at verizon.net> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi All,
>>> Does anyone have a manual for this Z3805A?  Schematics?
>>>

>> If you find one, I'd certainly be interested. What I do have is some
>> pdfs on the Furuno GT80 receiver which is used in the device. These
>> were kindly sent me by Craig Miller and I can PM them directly to you
>> if you wish, just let me know.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Steve

Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD
A man with one clock knows what time it is;
A man with two clocks is never quite sure.