[time-nuts] Maintaining boatanchors

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 14:14:07 UTC 2010

I will say that indeed it can be tough to compile things without the
hardware that used to exist.
OS9. A heck of a OS and darned if Radio Shack did not use it on the color
computer as I recall. It actually was ahead of its time compared to dos and
the likes.
So as crazy as this sounds I might guess you could find color computers on
ePay. Heavens knows why.
I was thinking of vm images but then remembered this is not a x86 platform.

Using google there are indeed all kinds of emulations people have written
that can run on intel platforms. Todays processors are so fast that you can
create emulations for PDP 8s, 11/23,Altaire 8800s etc etc.

I am trying to revive a austron 2201a so I appreciate any info that can be
had on the old boat anchors. Why do that? Because its interesting.
Clearly todays technology makes the whole job easier and simpler.
Regards