[time-nuts] HP 3048A Phase Noise Measurement System Accessories / Options

Adrian rfnuts at arcor.de
Mon Nov 15 00:26:07 UTC 2010

Hi,

recently I added a nice 11848A phase noise interface to the herd.

It came with the options K23 (DC Blocking Filter) and K21 (AM Detector
Filter), including the complete set of adapters, manuals and matching /
calibration networks.
If anyone is interested, I'll be happy to scan the manuals. I think
these are not yet out on the web.

Another interesting detail: The 11848A has options 201, 300 and H26. H26
appears to denote the opt 201 microwave phase detector with extended
frequency range to 26.5 GHz (with male 3.5 connectors on the front
panel). I've never seen that option before. I have no idea what 300
stands for though.

I would appreciate to hear about any other options and accessories for
the 3048A / 11848A that are not covered by the common manuals.

Btw. are there any known projects to run the 3048A on HP/Agilent VEE or
other nowadays environments?

Adrian