[time-nuts] ext ref LNB Re: ADEV

Mike Feher mfeher at eozinc.com
Mon Nov 15 15:37:15 UTC 2010

The military Ka band is 20.2 to 21.2 on receive and 30 to 31 on transmit.
Norsat of course has been making these for about 15 years, one of the first.
Back when I was working on Milstar 25 years ago, with the same receive
frequency, even the NF was classified. No, it does not make sense, but, that
was the way it was. I just had to deal with some ITAR related issues, where,
COTS equipment is being used, yet, it is now built for, or owned by the
military, and, while the hardware is not classified, it is restricted, even
as to who may work on it. I am just saying, do not hold your breath to see
them coming on the military surplus market. Regards- Mike

Mike B. Feher, EOZ Inc.
89 Arnold Blvd.
Howell, NJ, 07731
732-886-5960 office