[time-nuts] Changing frequency of an HP 10811 oscillator

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Nov 21 19:39:25 UTC 2010

Hi

The crystal package used in the 10811 is a bit unusual. The crystal is a tight fit in the heater block, so you would need a "same/same" package. A loose fit would impact the thermal performance.

Bottom line - you need to find somebody who does:

1) That package
2) SC's at your (likely odd) frequency
3) Small orders

My *guess* is that the crystal isn't going to be cheap.

Bob