[time-nuts] Cheap GPS with USB, RS232, BLuetooth and PPS :)

Tim Tuck timt at skybase.net
Tue Nov 30 04:29:15 UTC 2010

Just joined the list and noticed the discussion about finding a cheap
USB GPS with PPS on it.

You might like to check these out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/MG1613S-Bluetooth-RS232-USB-UART-GPS-Module-Demo-Board-/230555471914?

or buy direct from them here...

http://www.sureelectronics.net/category.php?id=5

I'm using one plugged into an ALIX 2d2 with Debian linux and GPSD/NTP.
It makes for a nice 12volt NTP server for portable use.

PPS is available at a test point on the board and I noticed that ALL the
interfaces are active at the same time !

I was able to monitor it over 232, USB and BlueTooth simultaneously from
different PC's

For ~$40 including the antenna and free postage they're a bargain !

very nice :)

regards

Tim

--

VK2XTT :: QF56if :: BMARC :: WIA :: AMSAT-VK :: AMSAT