[time-nuts] HP 3586B for 60 KHz

Perry Sandeen sandeenpa at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 4 00:42:55 UTC 2010

Gents,

Wrote> Has anybody used a HP 3586B for a 60KHz receiver?  If so, how well did it work?

Replied >Seriously, a HP3586B would be a fine receiver for a WWVB timing setup, but way, way, overkill.

Thanks.  That’s great news.  I have three working and can probably fix three of the other four I have.  Yes, I’m nuts about the suckers.

FYI, There are articles on how to use this for numerous types frequency measurements on the BAMA web site.

Also it can be used as a SSB receiver up to 32 MHz is you can put up with a lack of agc and a good speaker.

Regards,

Perrier