[time-nuts] Calibrating local standards

Perry Sandeen sandeenpa at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 7 01:12:48 UTC 2010

Gents,

Wrote: Have you ever tried to adjust a local standard to better than 1 in 10E7 using WWV or CHU?

Also wrote: I have three Rb standards to go along  with my two Thunderbolts.

Wrote a reply:  And which one do you believe? If any?

My experience is this:  Since all four of my rubidium oscillators read  a consistent -110 to -890 pico-seconds error for over 48 hours compared to two Lucent GPS receivers using two HP 5370B TIC’s and about a 20 milli-Hz difference at 15 MHz.  So unless I saw a real wacky shifting number, I’d believe them all for anything even an advanced amateur could think of.

Regards,

Perrier