[time-nuts] HP 5090B

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 22:52:03 UTC 2010

The HP5090A is a Droitwich receiver to get the 200kHz standard
frequency transmission from Droitwich UK.
Some buffoon of a bureaucrat moved the transmitter to the much more
useful frequency of 198kHz, where it is today.
I have one of these receivers and somewhere some circuit manual
information given to me by a guy who had
modified his receiver to the new frequency including getting a new
198 khz  rock. It has a TCXO.
The unit is interesting in that it seems to have been designed/built
in UK and has UK flavoured design as very distinct from US design.
It is in a standard HP box. My receiver still works, it will lock on
to the 2nd harmonic of a 100kHz signal from the divider driven by my
Tbolt.
cheers, Neville Michie