[time-nuts] A little quick advice, please

William H. Fite omniryx at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 15:26:26 UTC 2010

Bob said:
...for home use, previously owned is the only way to go.

I agree (he said, looking around at the chipped and dinged stuff nearby).
That being said, both are new, the Tek because there is not a lot of saving
to be achieved from buying a used one, especially when it means giving up
the lifetime (well...ten years, at least) warranty.  The BitScope because it
is a challenge to find them on the used market from vendors one would want
to trust.  I can get a good deal on either.

Then he said:
My vote goes to the real scope. It will still be running decades after the
PC version is un-usable. If you get the right one, it can be a "once a
lifetime" sort of buy. The PC version is likely a "once every couple of
years" sort of thing.

True enough.  I think you folks have helped me come to a decision.

Thanks again