[time-nuts] A little quick advice, please

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Sun Oct 31 16:32:59 UTC 2010

A couple of months ago, I bought a used Tek TDS 1002 for under $300. I've
always been very skeptical about DSOs and just love 7xxx series analog
units, but I needed something for occasional portable use.

I was pleasantly surprised. IMO, it's not an analog scope, but it does
have nice features, including an FFT function (not a real SA, but pretty
good to 100 MHz or so).

I'd look for a stand-alone unit, rather than a PC card.

(I'd love to get the interface card, but they seem to be rare.)

FWIW,

-John