[time-nuts] Maser manual

Corby Dawson cdelect at juno.com
Wed Sep 1 20:47:58 UTC 2010

Paul,

Yes it is operating.

With the exception of some down times to replace each of the ion pumps
when they failed (at separate times) it has been running nonstop for 3
years.

I also had to replace the disassociator oscillator with an
oscillator/amplifier of my own design.

Also replaced the original 1.4Ghz RF amp (2.8db NF) with a modern amp
having a .4db noise figure.

Had to refill the little hydrogen bottle once so far. (via a homebrew
manifold and a tank of ultra pure H2)

The local gas co. does provide the H2 but the adaptor for refilling is
homebrew as the vintage European hydrogen bottle fittings are no longer
available.

I'll see if I can post a PIX or two of the Vacsorb pumping station and
the ion pumps.

Corby Dawson
cdelect at juno.com