[time-nuts] Maser info

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Thu Sep 2 08:01:57 UTC 2010

Higher operating temperatures force the use of nickel alloy to replace
the silver palladium alloy traditionally used.
At higher operating temperatures (40c and above) its not possible to
turn off (without cooling it) the palladium leak.
The Russian masers use nickel or nickel alloy instead of palladium or
palladium silver.

Bruce