[time-nuts] Anyone have a comparison of the Z3805A and a Tbolt?

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Tue Sep 7 15:55:51 UTC 2010

  Bob,

I wonder if you are really talking about Z3805A's?

I know the double-oven version of 10811's were in the earlier Z3801A's;
never heard of one in Z3805A. I have a Z3816A and a Z3805A. They both
have MTI 260-model 5 MHz oscillators. I assume that is the "better" one
you are referring to. My Z3805A is marked Samsung, as are all the ones I
see coming from China.

The current price seems to be more like $350 than $250 for the ones
left. I think $350 is about what I paid for my Z3805A a bit over a year,
or so, back.

-Rex

On 9/7/2010 4:34 AM, Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> The "bad units" with the 10811's in them are usually marked "HP". The
> "good units" with the true DOCXO in them are normally marked
> "Symmetricom".
>
> Bob

>>> something.  I notice that the ocxo is not the large Docxo of the