[time-nuts] Timing Distribution in Mountainous Terrain

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Fri Sep 10 11:50:59 UTC 2010

Loran was used as an area navigation method in aviation for many years.  It
was available nation wide with a number of chains.  I had assumed that the
area of interest was the Rocky's but if the Appalachians, even better.

In aviation, 0.25 nm is 'precise'.  If you get me to within 0.25 nm of the
airport, I can probably find it.  However, it would not be precise enough
for a 'precision approach'.

Joe