[time-nuts] Fan filters

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 17:26:29 UTC 2010

Hi.
As you have identified, it's reticulated foam that we need for this application. From memory I'd say the 35 pore per inch size is close to what HP used. It works out at about 0.8mm pore size. Reticulated foam is interesting. It's made from closed cell foam were the walls are either dissolved out or they make the foam with an explosive gas in the cells and then ignited. One other use is to stop explosions in fuel tanks.

Robert G8RPI.