[time-nuts] Question about Russian PC-Series Circular Military Connectors

Brucekareen at aol.com Brucekareen at aol.com
Sun Sep 19 16:50:20 UTC 2010

I would like to take advantage of this group's worldwide constituency and
ask a slightly off-topic question about the contact numbering scheme for
Russian  PC-series circular connectors.  I am trying to trace out the wiring
of a Russian manufactured radiometer with these connectors.   Surprisingly,
there are no pin letters or numbers found on any of the connector  parts or
on new mating connectors I purchased on eBay.

Searching the Internet I have found manufacturers in India and China
offering knockoffs of these connectors.  They have pin location drawings on
their web sites, but fail to identify whether these diagrams apply to the male
or female connector and whether to the wiring or interconnect side.
Drawings show that the connector pins are numbered in rows from left to right,
starting at the top.  I have sent inquiries to these manufactures, but have
only been asked how many I want to buy and how many pins.

Can anyone help me identify the numbering convention for these  connectors?
 They are well made and similar to Cannon military  types.

Bruce Hunter,  KG6OJI