[time-nuts] Looking for good, cheap, external reference

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 22 16:02:58 UTC 2010

I don't think the firmware on the Tbolt makes much difference in performance.  (The older firmware even has a couple more features in it).

Units with the 3.0 firmware are newer and have a much greater chance of having the poor temperature sensor which definitely has a bad effect on performance.  If I had my choice of two units (both with the good oscillator)  I'd definitely pick the older one.