[time-nuts] DS1620 Variants in the Thunderbolt

Heathkid heathkid at heathkid.com
Sun Sep 26 19:56:47 UTC 2010

Thanks for all the information on the DS1620.

As it turns out, both of the TBolts (remember I got the from two different
sellers and appear identical) have the Trimble OCXO, v3.00 firmware, but the
DS1620's are marked as follows:

DS1620
0415E2
531AD

DS1620
0239D1
690AB

Interestingly, the first one appears to have been swapped out at some point
(flux residue all over the chip / had to clean it off to read the markings).
I've already ordered another "D1" to swap out the "E2" but really need to
get them both up and running (still trying to figure out how to mount the
antennas!) and see how much difference there really is.

73 Brice KA8MAV