[time-nuts] OCXO install on TS-2100?

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Sun Sep 26 20:22:51 UTC 2010

I know a few people were toying with the notion of upgrading their Tymserve 2100's with the LPRO module, and I'm not really sure
what came of that.

Has anyone tried to upgrade their unit from a TCXO to an OCXO? It looks like a couple sizes will fit on the board. My only concerns
before attempting such a feat is I don't know if I can adjust in the software things like the EFC range, slope, etc...

In the utils / timing directory there's a few settings that seem relevant, but the manual doesn't go into great detail... :(

gain adjust
filter constant
low filter constant
d/a load

On my TS2100 with the small MTI OCXO, here's some of the info it gives me:

tfp 0 = d/a = 0x9f30
tfp 5 = gain = -20
tfp 6 = KM = 0.9994965
tfp 7 = KO = 0.9994965

I don't have my unit with the TXCO turned on so I can't compare numbers yet...