No subject

Sun Sep 12 16:34:46 UTC 2010

wideband and took a gamble on that, once confirmed on my first one I  bought a
couple more:-)

Aside from frequency distribution I was also curious to try them as  LF/MF
antenna distribution units.
I knew they were likely to be quite noisy at microvolt levels but  there's
quite a bit of noise at LF anyway and the op amp noise actually  wasn't too
bad.
However, when feeding into a radio with a 30MHz wide spectrum  display the
effects of those switching regulators are immediately obvious.  They're
running at 100KHz and the harmonics generate a nice picket fence that's  clearly
visible up to at least 20MHz.

I'd still like to get rid of those switching regulators altogether but
could really do with a schematic before trying that.

I assume you got a copy of the basic user manual from the seller? If not
let me know and I'll send it to you.

regards

Nigel