[time-nuts] T.I. experimenting - newbie question

WB6BNQ wb6bnq at cox.net
Sun Apr 3 23:26:31 UTC 2011

   Joe,

   The coax can be viewed as a series of lumped constants; that is, series
   inductors with many shunt capacitors to ground in between the
   inductors.  In essence, a delay line.  At standard temperature /
   pressure / etc. the delay line assumes a given value.  If any external
   influence impacts the coax then it assumes a new value because of :

     1. Capacitive and inductive changes from dimensional shifts OR

     2. Changing dielectric properties OR

     3. Some combination of the above

   Thus the delay line's value (VOP) changes, and, naturally the impedance
   as well.

   Bill....WB6BNQ

   Joseph Gray wrote:

     I assume you mean that impedance has an effect on VOP? Can you point
     to any internet sources that explain this effect? Preferably
     something
     not overly technical.

     Joe Gray
     W5JG