[time-nuts] Oncore battery backup

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 17:00:11 UTC 2011

This will be interesting.
I have not added a battery to my 3801. Have the same issue annoying but in
general not enough to get me to do something.

But believe it may be as simple as taking a cr3026 lithium as an example and
holder.
Slap it on the back and change the battery every so often. Doing something
with recharge-ables and super caps adds a lot of complexity. Using the
disposable battery should make this a ground and battery connection. Do not
believe a diode is required.
But this approach only works if the almanac memory and such draws very very
low current. Might guess in the 1-10 ua. If its a pig you could always use 2
AA alkalines.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL