[time-nuts] how to set up a Jupiter-T?

John Beale beale at bealecorner.com
Sat Apr 9 19:19:38 UTC 2011

In case anyone's interested, I've discovered a few things about my Jupiter-T:

1) WinOncore12 sends commands too quickly. The TU60 needs quite some time
to process each one. If I type the commands in by hand separately, more of
them work as expected.

2) Typing the command "@@Ae xxxxxxxx" will set longitude, but 00000000
reports longitude 0 and 80000000 reports 37 degrees East, and ffffffff is
about 74 degrees East and that's the largest allowed value. So either on
sending or receiving, or both, I think WinOncore12 is interpreting the data
fields differently than the TU60. Or you can't use this device in the west :-)

3) Don't try to use *bay GPS Antenna Item: 260664041419 including 10-meter
lead to MCX connector, it doesn't work. Not even on a different, known-good
receiver.  Might have too high a gain (55 dB??) Or I just got a bad one.

-John